Sun RV Resorts COVID-19 Information
As the novel form of coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) becomes more of a widespread concern and local governments continue to recommend or mandate restrictions on person-to-person interactions, business operations, and home isolation, we want to share important information with you about our efforts to help keep our residents, guests, and team members safe and healthy.
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel form of coronavirus (COVID-19) and following guidelines from these agencies and other local and state governmental agencies.
Commitment to Our Residents & Guests
In order to fulfill our mission of being socially responsible and to prioritize the health and welfare of our residents, guests, and team members, we are temporarily halting all non-essential business operations within our communities and resorts and encouraging residents and guests to practice social distancing as recommended by the CDC.
Our offices will be staffed with reduced hours and will not be open for resident/guest interaction except for emergencies. Please contact the resort directly for revised check in processes. During this period of reduced operations, we are committed to compensating our team based on their normal work schedules.
- All of our clubhouses, activity/club rooms, and other indoor amenity spaces will remain closed.
- All outdoor amenities including sport facilities, playgrounds, pools, waterparks, pavilions, stores, and restaurants will be closed to avoid the congregation of individuals.
We are making difficult decisions for our collective well-being and ask that you do your part to safeguard your family, friends, neighbors, and yourselves.
Commitment to Cleanliness
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and have taken additional steps to ensure the safety of our residents, guests, and team members. Sun leadership is continuously monitoring and implementing the latest guidance on cleaning and prevention protocols with frequent communication to all communities and resorts within our portfolio.
Health & Safety Protocols
We continue to implement a number of practices to support our commitment based upon guidance from health authorities and governmental agencies:
- Real-time monitoring of information related to COVID-19
- Ongoing training for team members
- Posting informational content regarding recommended handwashing procedures in restrooms, breakrooms, offices, and common areas to increase awareness of simple prevention methods
- Defined cycles and procedures for frequent cleaning and disinfection of high-touch areas
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols for vacation rentals, cottages, and cabins
- Centralized procurement and distribution of EPA-registered disinfectant products to all locations
- Adjustment of team schedules and working arrangements, where necessary, to support social distancing practices
A Collective Effort
COVID-19 is a new disease and health officials are still learning about how it spreads and the severity of illness it causes. According to the most recent information published by the CDC and the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), it’s critical we all do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19 by keeping the following in mind:
- The virus is thought to spread mainly between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet)
- Recent studies suggest COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms
- Maintaining good social distance (about 6 feet) is very important
- If someone in your household has tested positive, keep the entire household at home as recommended by a medical provider
- Listen to and follow the directions of your state and local authorities
- Information from the ongoing pandemic suggests the virus is spreading more efficiently than influenza
- It may be possible for a person to get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it, and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes. Therefore, the CDC recommends people practice frequent hand washing or use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Rebooking/Cancellation Policy Changes
We are temporarily adjusting our cancellation policies to allow for flexibility and to support you during these uncertain times. For all Sun RV Resorts, the following changes apply:
- All reservations that are scheduled for arrival before April 30th, 2020, or the date the property opens, can be changed or cancelled at no charge through the day prior to your scheduled arrival.
- All transient or vacation rental guests who choose to depart earlier than their scheduled end date will be entitled to a prorated refund.
If you have any questions about an upcoming reservation, please contact the resort directly or our contact center at (833) 906-1300. Please note we are experiencing high call volumes. We appreciate your patience as we work continuously to support all guests and residents during this time.
How to Stay Informed & Resources
If you are a resident at one of our Resorts update your contact information here so we can reach out to you directly to provide updates as needed.
For the most updated information and preventive protocols, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.