Sun RV Resorts COVID-19 Information
At Sun, the health and well-being of our guests, residents and team members is our priority. As COVID-19 is still a widespread concern, Federal, State and local governments continue to recommend or mandate restrictions. We want to continue providing you with as much information as possible about our efforts to help keep our guests, residents, and team members safe and healthy.
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel form of coronavirus (COVID-19) and following guidelines from these agencies and other local and state governmental agencies.
Commitment to Our Residents & Guests
As States and municipalities begin to lift restrictions related to the COVID-19 crisis, we have taken steps to re-open certain amenities in our resorts and communities. Restrictions and/or operational modifications may still apply with reduced availability of certain amenities and common areas. Our primary focus throughout this process is the health and well-being of our guests, residents and team members.
Please note the above is subject to change in accordance with State and local guidelines.
Commitment to Cleanliness
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and have taken additional steps to ensure the safety of our residents, guests, and team members. Sun leadership is continuously monitoring and implementing the latest guidance on cleaning and prevention protocols with frequent communication to all communities and resorts within our portfolio.
Health & Safety Protocols
We continue to implement a number of practices to support our commitment based upon guidance from health authorities and governmental agencies:
- Real-time monitoring of information related to COVID-19.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols have been established with defined cycles and procedures for common areas, high-touch surfaces, vacation rentals, cottages, and cabins.
- All individuals over the age of 5 years old including team members, residents, and guests, are required to wear a face covering while in Sun’s facilities. This requirement also extends to outdoor settings where individuals are within 6 ft./2m of one another.
- We continue to deliver ongoing training for team members and are implementing daily temperature checks prior to starting shifts.
- Information regarding recommended handwashing procedures will be posted in restrooms, breakrooms, offices, and common areas to increase awareness of simple prevention methods.
- EPA-registered disinfectant products have been distributed to all locations.
- We continue to adjust team schedules and working arrangements, where necessary, to support social distancing practices.
A Collective Effort
COVID-19 is a new disease and health officials are still learning about how it spreads and the severity of illness it causes. According to the most recent information published by the CDC and the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), it’s critical we all do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19 by keeping the following in mind:
- The virus is thought to spread mainly between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Recent studies suggest COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms.
- Maintaining good social distance (about 6 feet) is very important.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering when around others.
- Do not gather in groups and avoid crowded places and mass gatherings.
- If someone in your household has tested positive, keep the entire household at home as recommended by a medical provider.
- Listen to and follow the directions of your state and local authorities.
- Information from the ongoing pandemic suggests the virus is spreading more efficiently than influenza.
- It may be possible for a person to get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it, and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes. Therefore, the CDC recommends people practice frequent hand washing or use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
No Cancellation Fees For 2020
During these days of uncertainty, Sun RV Resorts wants to provide guests flexibility and peace of mind to book their transient/short-term reservations without any risk or obligation. Sun RV Resorts is proud to announce a No Cancellation Fee* policy on any transient/short-term reservations placed by July 31, 2020 for any future stay at a Sun RV Resort through 2020.
How to Stay Informed & Resources
- If you are a resident at one of our Resorts update your contact information here so we can reach out to you directly to provide updates as needed.
- Additional resources from American Heart Association are available to help stay healthy and informed.
- For the most updated information and preventive protocols, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.
*No Cancellation Fee policy is only valid on reservations placed prior to July 31, 2020 for any future stays at a Sun RV Resort throughout 2020. Guests wishing to cancel without fees must call the resort at least 2 days prior to their scheduled arrival date to confirm their cancellation. Guests who fail to show for their scheduled stay without confirming their cancellation with the resort, will be charged in accordance with the resort’s cancellation policy. Policy is not valid on reservation for stays over 28 days. Policy expires July 31, 2020. Stays must be completed by December 31, 2020.